Hypoallergenic Jewelry

Hypoallergenic Jewelry

This type of jewelry was created for those who have sensitive skin and an allergy towards nickel jewelry. Some do not even realize they have an allergy towards nickel jewelry until they wear some that has it in it and the next day they have an ugly rash. Instances of this occurring are increasing and instead of treating the rash, you need to treat the problem. This can be done by using hypoallergenic jewelry. This jewelry does not use harmful alloys, specifically nickel.

What is it made from?

This type of jewelry is made of surgical steel, ten to fourteen karat gold, or titanium. It may also be made of niobium. One of the advantages of wearing jewelry made of titanium or niobium is that neither have a reaction with the makeup of your skin. These metals are generally used as a coating on jewelry. They may also use platinum or pure copper that is free from nickel. Sometimes the jewelry is made of nickel allows. Another type of jewelry that is said to be hypoallergenic is jewelry made by using threads and beads.


The main benefit of wearing hypoallergenic jewelry is not waking up with an ugly rash the next day. Other benefits include:

• It is safe for prolonged wear with no reaction or skin rash
• You will never have to deal with a rash even if you develop an allergy to nickel later in life
• It does not compromise on the quality of its design since it is made from different types of materials


• Avoid wearing jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, etc at home to help ensure that your skin is not exposed to metals to frequently
• Do not buy oxidized or cheap jewelry
• When purchasing hypoallergenic jewelry make sure that you are getting an authentic deal and that it is marked hypoallergenic
• If you wear body jewelry, remember that it comes in contact with your body for a long period of time. If you are allergic to nickel, you could be putting yourself at risk for developing a serious infection so make sure that you look for jewelry that has the label of nickel-free or surgical to make sure that it is hypoallergenic.

Most people who have their ears pierced wear earrings continually so to avoid having sore earlobes or an infection in your piercing play it safe and wear hypoallergenic earrings. Hypoallergenic jewelry is more expensive but in the end, it is worth the expense to not have to worry about skin rashes and infections.

You can find this jewelry in fine jewelry stores, department stores, and trendy jewelry stores. Just check the label before purchasing to make sure it is hypoallergenic jewelry.

Perhiasan Berlian